* [OT] org <-> InDesign integration possible?
@ 2011-10-09 21:06 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-10-09 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi list,

I've seen a designer friend layout a book in InDesign so quickly and the
output is amazing. I wonder if there's a way to feed text into InDesign
documents through a plugin ? If so, a book could be written in text (org)
and then fed into inDesign? Anyone around use / ever used InDesign for
layout?

Cheers,

- M

* Re: [OT] org <-> InDesign integration possible?
@ 2011-10-10  8:38 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-10-10  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

No, I don't use it myself, but I expect using the ODT exporter,
opening in OpenOffice or similar, and saving to .doc or .rtf for
import into InDesign is your best bet. (As to whether .doc or .rtf,
experiment. In my limited experience designers prefer RTF, for good
reason, but OpenOffice RTF export has been quirky for me in the past.)

Cheers,
Christian

@ 2011-10-10 15:47   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-10-10 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)