Ha, the XMPP idea really appeals to me, endless possibilities :D Thanks for sharing. On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Christopher Allan Webber < cwebber@dustycloud.org> wrote: > Hey Peter, > > I also do appointments with orgmode.. I have it hooked up so that it > sends me messages via XMPP/Jabber. Possibly useful to you: > > > http://dustycloud.org/blog/2010/11/21/emacs-appointment-notifications-via-xmpp > > pmlists@free.fr (Peter Münster) writes: > > > Hello, > > > > I would like to be notified[1], when a todo item enters the warning > > period, scheduled time, or deadline. > > > > I can imagine writing a function, that executes every 5 minutes, that > > scans all agenda files calling `org-get-[scheduled,deadline]-time', but > > I hope, that there is already something, that I can use more easily. > > > > TIA for any help, > > Peter > > > > > > Footnotes: > > [1] For notifying, I'll use an external program, for example > > "notify-send", because the emacs window is not always visible. > >