From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com>
To: Org Mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [OT] The joy of elisp
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:34:11 -0600	[thread overview]

Here's a new version:

(defun find-wiki-by-tags (tags)
  (interactive "sEnter tags: ")
(shell-command (format "cd ~/org;  ack \"\\* tags.*(%s).*\" --all" tags)
"mybuf")
(set-buffer "mybuf")
(beginning-of-buffer)
(ignore-errors
  (while (search-forward-regexp "\\(.*?\\):")
    (replace-match "[[~/org/\\1]]" )
    ))
(org-mode)
)

Problems:

1) It's slow, not sure where the bottleneck is (ack in itself is fast, I
suppose the problem lies in elisp's side)
2) The regexp is not optmized, and I'm getting some trash, although it
lists the files for me so it works well enough now.

- Marcelo.