* org-babel :colnames yes
@ 2020-05-28 11:48 ian martins
From: ian martins @ 2020-05-28 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to tell org that the first row of a src
block result is a table header.

from readthedocs
<https://org-babel.readthedocs.io/en/latest/header-args/#colnames> it looks
like ":colnames yes" should do this, but I haven't been able to get it to
work, and the code
<https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/ob-core.el#L1671>
doesn't appear to want that to happen. maybe that is special handling for R
<https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/lisp/ob-R.el#L164>.

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp :colnames yes
  '((one two) (1 3) (1 6))
#+END_SRC

I'm expecting an hline in the output but do not find one.

I know ":colnames '(one two)" works, but I don't know the header value
until I've generated the table.

-Ian