* Basic Q: Display specific property in custom agenda view
@ 2019-09-26  0:12 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-09-26  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

My apologies for not finding this in the docs, but I'm trying to define a
simple custom agenda view that is exactly the same as the default day week
view,
except the only difference is displaying a property called FOO instead of
the CATEGORY
property.

I think it's simply a matter of setting org-agenda-prefix-format to
something
other than the default:  " %i %-12:c%?-12t% s" but I can't find the exact
function to call
in place of %i.  I would think there's something like
%(get-property-of-heading(FOO))

Thanks for any advice
--Nate

* Re: Basic Q: Display specific property in custom agenda view
@ 2019-09-26  4:16 ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-09-26  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 7:12 PM Nathan Neff <nathan.neff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My apologies for not finding this in the docs, but I'm trying to define a
> simple custom agenda view that is exactly the same as the default day week
> view,
> except the only difference is displaying a property called FOO instead of
> the CATEGORY
> property.

I found an example here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-04/msg00402.html

Thanks,
--Nate

@ 2019-09-26  5:06   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-09-26  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Got it!  Now, all I need to do is add the cool ":" functionality
where a ":" is appended to the result if there is a result :-)

Using %-12:(njn-get-proj-property)
doesn't work like %-12:c :-(

;; Return PROJ property or category property
(defun njn-get-proj-property()
  (or (org-entry-get (point) "PROJ" t)
      (org-get-category)))

  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
     '(
     ("A" agenda "" (
        (org-agenda-span 'day)
          (org-agenda-prefix-format " %-12(njn-get-proj-property) %?-12t%
s")
         (org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps nil)))

<snip>

@ 2019-09-26  5:27     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-26  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Neff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thursday, 26 Sep 2019 at 00:06, Nathan Neff wrote:
> Got it!  Now, all I need to do is add the cool ":" functionality
> where a ":" is appended to the result if there is a result :-)

Maybe something like

;; Return PROJ property or category property
(defun njn-get-proj-property()
  (if (org-entry-get (point) "PROJ" t)
      (concat (org-get-category) ":")
    ""))

(untested)
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d

* Re: Basic Q: Display specific property in custom agenda view
@ 2019-09-27  8:30       ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-09-27  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: emacs-orgmode