On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 5:15 PM Adam Porter wrote: > Try using the bug-hunter package to isolate the part of your init file > that may be causing the problem. > > Does bug-hunter use d.el and s.el and the other 24 alphabet libraries? :-) I would use bug-hunter, but I'm not convinced the problem is in my own init.el file. I've eliminated everything. It's my stock Emacs package that doesn't work. I removed init.el and I type (require 'helm-config) and (helm-mode 1) and I get the buggy behavior. Thanks, --Nate