On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:14 PM Adam Porter wrote: > Nathan Neff writes: > > > I know, but rifle has sooooo many dependencies > > > > Rifle is truly awesome, I just have to convince myself to trust > > f.el and d.el or whatever those one-letter libraries are :-) > > helm-org-rifle's dependencies are libraries which have been around for > over 6 years and are used by many thousands of people. The one-letter > names are because Emacs Lisp has no namespaces, and the convention is to > use package prefixes on all symbols, so long package names make for long > symbol names, which makes programming tedious. > This is good to know - I don't really have any rhyme/reason as to what I use and don't use; For example, I use Helm which isn't part of default Emacs. Thanks again, --Nate