Why not save mark? This allows user-defined hooks in org-blocker-hooks more freedom. That said, I am not sure of org-mode project conventions, so if `save-excursion' is preferred I can change it to that. Thanks. On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Yuri Lensky writes: > > > Thanks. I have attached an updated patch that addresses your points (with > > some additional cleanup). > > Thank you. > > >> Why is `save-mark-and-excursion' needed? > >> > > Because we are moving point to get to the heading, and in principle hooks > > in org-blocker-hook can change point/mark. > > Since we don't care about mark, isn't `save-excursion' sufficient? > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >