Hello, Just something which might be usefull as a workaround. I know org-babel-tangle allows you to tangle blocks to certain location, and there is also a hook available for post-processing. Now what if you'd put your whole file in a source block, with language 'org', tangle it to the location you want and use exporting capabilities as post-processing tool? Could be an awfull workaround :) but it's the first thing that popped up in my mind when reading your question have fun, Dieter On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Ian Barton wrote: > I want to export a single file to somewhere other than its current > directory. Using publish seems to be over the top for this simple use case. > > I can't find a variable or in buffer option that lets me set the output > directory. Searching the list turns up org-export-publishing-directory, > but this seems to have been deprecated. Is there something obvious I have > missed? > > Ian. >