On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 4:16 AM Kyle Meyer wrote: Daniel Kraus writes: > > > I use ob-sql with the :dbconnection param so I don't have my username > and password in my org file. > > But often I don't want to use the default database from the dbconnection > alist but > > rather specify it explicitly with :database. > > Attached is a patch that fixes this. > Thank you @Daniel > […] > From what I can gather from your description, this looks reasonable. > I'm not an ob-sql user, so perhaps I missing something, but would it > make sense for any connection parameter to take precedence if explicitly > given in the source block header (i.e. something like the patch below)? > [+cc Stefano, who added the :dbconneciton feature.] > I think it makes sense. (I personally handle cases like those described by Daniel differently, keeping distinct sql-connection-alist entries for each DB param combination I might need, but I can imagine why someone would want to "override" the database or the host params. For port, user and password I have more difficulties imagining a case where combinations of those params would need override, but I think @Kyle's generic solution is better) s. -- www.stefanorodighiero.net