Ihor, On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 12:56 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > For example, how would one create a custom agenda view that > > > > - shows all accomplished tasks within the DEADLINE last week > > - shows all accomplished tasks that missed the DEADLINE last week > > > > Then does the same for the coming week, i.e. > > > > - show all tasks which are due in the next week, i.e., within the > > DEADLINE > > - show all tasks which are overdue > > There is org-super-agenda package > (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda), which already have a > part of the functionality. You can use :scheduled and :deadline > selectors as a starting point to achieve what you want. > thank you for the pointer. I will definitely take a look! > > Ideally, the interaction could even be more informational, so for > > example, analysis of the available work time next week (assuming 40 > > hours for example) vs. the total estimated effort of all of the above > > tasks, helping to answer the question of whether all tasks are even > > achievable given the amount of available work time. > > > > Another potential -and very valuable- analysis could be a recommendation > > of order given DEADLINE, priority and effort over a period of time, for > > example the next week. What should one do first, then second, etc. to > > maximize output over a given period of time? > > What you want here is actually quite a complicated optimization problem, > which probably deserves a separate full project of its own. > I cannot comment much on this part since effort estimates never worked > for me. > Yes. I think it would be awesome if org-mode could do that. If I had the time, I'd love to take a closer look and see how one could solve for this. Stephan