From: Sankalp <sankalpkhare@gmail.com>
To: Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>
Cc: Debaditya Mukhopadhyay <debaditya@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Unable to find contrib/
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:06:10 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi Debaditya,

On 11 March 2012 15:24, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Debaditya Mukhopadhyay <debaditya@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have org 7.8.03.
> >
> > added to my .emacs
> >
> >     (add-to-list 'load-path "org-root-dir/contrib/lisp")
> >     (require 'org-mime)
>
> Make sure that org-root-dir has the same value
> M-x locate-library RET org RET

You could also try

M-x locate-library RET org-mime RET

ideally this should output something like :

Library is file ~/.emacs.d/org-7.8.03/contrib/lisp/org-mime.el

(that's what it gives on my setup)

If it doesn't give output, then you're either missing the "contrib"
directory (as possible while using ELPA) or you've given the path wrong.

> Make sure contrib dir exists.
>
> AFAIK, ELPA, Vanilla Emacs doesn't have contrib dir as part of the
> distribution. Try git.
>
> > getting
> >

> >     File error: Cannot open load file, org-mime
> >
> >     To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
> >     cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
> >     the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.
> >

> > Any help will be appreciated.

Sankalp

If humans could mate with software, I'd have org-mode's
babies.
                          --- Chris League on Twitter.
               http://orgmode.org/worg/org-quotes.html