* Excluding folders in org-publish with :exclude regexp. Not working. Fix?
@ 2012-01-03 14:17 Iannis Zannos
From: Iannis Zannos @ 2012-01-03 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I need to exclude some folders when publishing to html via an org-publish project definition. I create the project's alist as explained in the doc.

For example, the beginning of my  org-publish-project-alist looks like this:

 (("org"
	:base-directory "/Users/iani/org/"
	:publishing-directory "/Users/iani/org/html/"
	:base-extension "org"
	:exclude "config.org"
;; etc.
 )
;; etc
)

The above project "org" excludes all files named config.org.
HOWEVER:
If I try to enter any directory path in the :exclude regexp, it does not work. I tried all sorts of combinations such as:
-- The entire directory path: "/Users/iani/org/subproj1/"
-- Wildcard: /Users/iani/org/subproj1/*
-- Another wildcard: /Users/iani/org/subproj1/*.org
-- Even another wildcard:  ".*/config\\.org$" (just for testing, this should exclude all config.org files again.

It seems that excluding directories, or including part of the path besides the filename itself in the exclude property does not work.
I see a possibly related comment in function org-publish-get-base-files:

    (org-publish-get-base-files-1 base-dir recurse match
				  ;; FIXME distinguish exclude regexp
				  ;; for skip-file and skip-dir?
				  exclude-regexp exclude-regexp)

I also had a look at the relevant function definition:
(defun org-publish-get-base-files-1 (...

But before spending some time trying to fix this I would like to ask if there is some other provision for excluding directories in org-publish which I am not aware of.

Many thanks in advance,

Iannis Zannos

* Re: Excluding folders in org-publish with :exclude regexp. Not working. Fix?
@ 2012-01-31 21:19 Sankalp
From: Sankalp @ 2012-01-31 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zannos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode