From: Martin Alsinet <martin@alsinet.com.ar>
To: "numbchild@gmail.com" <numbchild@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Hope ob-js can support :session feature
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:15:17 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello stardiviner,

I actually don't mind using absoute paths in my org files, and I think that
using something like that header var and expansion is more trouble than it
is worth.
If I wanted to move the org file to another folder, I would just do a
*replace-string* of the old path with the new path and be done with it.

Another approach would be to put a block like the following at the top of
the file:
#+BEGIN_SRC sh
// Make a symbolic link of the current directory into ~/code
ln -s $PWD ~/code
#+END_SRC

And after running that block, I can just use
require("~/code/src/tangled-file.js") in the js blocks and it would work
just fine.
I consider all the tangled js files in ./src as throwaway code, meaning
that I can recreate them at any time, and I would never check them into a
repository.
I usually put them in ./src and add the src folder to my .gitignore.

I find both of these approaches simpler than tangling expanded header
arguments.
Just my 2c.

Happy holidays

Martin