Neil, You could use transient[1], the tool used to build the menus of magit[2]. I really like magit's discoverability and ease of use. There is a video of a talk where it is used to control kubernetes from inside emacs in magit style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3krYEeqnyk [1] transient: https://github.com/magit/transient [2] magit: https://magit.vc On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 2:17 AM Marcin Borkowski wrote: > > On 2019-09-11, at 01:11, John Kitchin wrote: > > > This sounds like an interesting application with a lot of complexities. > > It definitely blurs the lines between a database where you could run > > queries to find/update records, and a human readable, structured data > > file that also does this. > > This reminds me of this: > https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2012/01/06/how-trello-is-different/ > > I just had a minor enlightenment why Org-mode is so successful (within > its niche, of course). It implements a bunch of very general data > structures - a tree, a table, a dictionary - and a few slightly more > specific - a clock table, TODOs/tags, markup... > > Best, > > -- > Marcin Borkowski > http://mbork.pl > >