* Overlay in beamer?
@ 2014-04-30 12:27 Giuseppe Lipari
From: Giuseppe Lipari @ 2014-04-30 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I am having some trouble in using the beamer export.
First of all, I have problems in finding documentation on the exporter
on-line. Is there an up-to-date manual of this exporter, and the list of
options? By searching for a solution to my problem, I found many different
notation around the web (the wiki, stackoverflow, etc.) but I could not
find a solution to my very simple problem.

I have three images to show in my slide, one after the other (or one on top
of the other).
In Latex beamer, I can write something like:

--------- begin-snippet-------------

\begin{figure}
  \begin{center}
    \includegraphics<1>[width=.7\textwidth]{figure1}
    \includegraphics<2>[width=.7\textwidth]{figure2}
    \includegraphics<3->[width=.7\textwidth]{figure3}
   \end{center}
\end{figure}

--------- end-snippet-------------

and it works. How do I do the same in org-beamer?

I tried several options, for example this one:

--------- begin-snippet-------------

  #+ATTR_BEAMER: :overlay <1>
  [[ file:figure1 ]]

  #+ATTR_BEAMER: :overlay <2>
  [[ file:figure2 ]]

  #+ATTR_BEAMER: :overlay <3>
  [[ file:figure3 ]]

--------- end-snippet-------------

or

--------- begin-snippet-------------

***                                 :B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :BEAMER_act: <+>
    :END:

    [[file:figure1]]

    [[file:figure2]]

    [[file:figure3]]

--------- end-snippet-------------

and several other combinations of blocks, properties and attributes, but
the generated latex output is always more or less the same:

--------- begin-snippet-------------

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{figure1}
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{figure2}
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{figure3}

Can someone help me to understand how to put overlays on figures?

I am using org-mode version 8.2.5h (pulled from the git repository about
one month ago I guess) on Emacs 24.3.1

Thanks in advance,

Giuseppe Lipari

--