Thanks. I understand now. I think to generate a patch in this case it's too much hustle, for a minor benefit. -- Adam On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 at 09:13, Bastien wrote: > Hi Adam, > > Adam Faryna writes: > > > Ok, maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this function. I wanted to > > use it to check if the timestamp is active or inactive and I tried to > > get it by using (org-at-timestamp-p 'inactive) while pointing at the > > timestamp. But actually when I call it on any timestamp like > > [2020-09-04 Fri], <2020-09-04 Fri> I always get nil. So either it's a > > bug, or I miss something. > > (org-at-timestamp-p) returns t on an active timestamp. > > (org-at-timestamp-p 'inactive) returns t on any timestamp, including > inactive ones. > > If you think the docstring could be enhanced, can you share a patch? > > See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html on how to contribute. > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >