I noticed that the org-export-generic.el script had options for basic features like checkboxes but not for tables, which were locked into ascii exporting. The attached patch creates many variables to allow users to change the table formatting (much like how there are variables like ":body-list-checkbox-done"). I also created a generic exporter named "mediawiki" that demonstrates use of the table exporting. This is my first post to this mailing list, and my first ever contribution to an open-source project so I look forward to feedback and be kind when you point out any sort of mailing list etiquette I might have broken. -- Tom Alexander HS - Secretary Alpha Sigma Phi; Beta Psi Chapter Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Class of 2013