* markup problem on using 2-bite language
@ 2011-07-09 19:18 노정태
From: 노정태 @ 2011-07-09 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings, everybody.

I've been wondering to find the best tool for writers, not for programmers.
I used Emacs Muse 3 months ago, but changed to org mode.
It gave me some satisfaction, but there is one big problem.

I am a Korean, and use Korean in every time, every day.
But in Korean Alphabet(Hangul), I should put text markup symbols *between*
the letters.
Because in Korean language, words used to made of two or three parts,
And to make a more accurate expression, I need to *, /, _ in the middle of a
word.
But as you can see, org-mode support *emphasis*, but doesn't *emph*asis.
If you want to activate the emphasis of the second one, you should write as
"*emph* asis",
And that's a nonsense.

To make it sure I installed the newest version, 7.6., but the problem is
even.
Recently I made a plan to move to markdown mode, just because of this
matter.
Can anybody give me a solution, or a sign of sympathy?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jeongtae Roh.

* Re: markup problem on using 2-bite language
@ 2011-07-09 20:23 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-07-09 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 노정태; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

노정태 <basil83@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings, everybody.
>
> I've been wondering to find the best tool for writers, not for
> programmers.
> I used Emacs Muse 3 months ago, but changed to org mode.
> It gave me some satisfaction, but there is one big problem.
>
> I am a Korean, and use Korean in every time, every day.
> But in Korean Alphabet(Hangul), I should put text markup symbols
> *between* the letters.
> Because in Korean language, words used to made of two or three parts,
> And to make a more accurate expression, I need to *, /, _ in the
> middle of a word.
> But as you can see, org-mode support *emphasis*, but doesn't
> *emph*asis.
> If you want to activate the emphasis of the second one, you should
> write as "*emph* asis",
> And that's a nonsense.
>
> To make it sure I installed the newest version, 7.6., but the problem
> is even.
> Recently I made a plan to move to markdown mode, just because of this
> matter.

How does markdown solve the problem? Just curious. I hope the last
sentence in the previous para is not a threat :-).

@ 2011-07-09 21:58 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-07-09 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 노정태; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi 노정태,

노정태 <basil83@gmail.com> writes:

> But as you can see, org-mode support *emphasis*, but doesn't
> *emph*asis.

Have a loot at `org-emphasis-regexp-components', maybe it can
help solve your problem.

> Can anybody give me a solution, or a sign of sympathy?

Done.  :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: markup problem on using 2-bite language
@ 2011-07-10  5:27   ` 노정태
From: 노정태 @ 2011-07-10  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K, Org Mode