* How to load and use Github Flavored Markdown exporter?
@ 2014-05-01 19:48 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-05-01 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

Org-mode version 8.2.6. Loaded from MELPA org-2014-04-28.

The nice github flavored markdown package is in there ox-gfm.el.

My goal is to use it to do a Markdown export of an org document
instead of the vanilla exporter.

In an attempt to do so, I ran at startup:

;;;;;;;;;;;;
(require 'ox-gfm)
;;;;;;;;;;;;

And did an org dispatch export for Markdown.

Wondering if this is the correct approach?

I don't have any expectations for how the file is generated; I just
want to know that I am loading and using it correctly.

Alternately

Regards,

Grant Rettke | AAAS, ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM, Sigma Xi
grettke@acm.org | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

* Re: How to load and use Github Flavored Markdown exporter?
@ 2014-05-02  0:09 ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-05-02  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Grant Rettke <gcr <at> wisdomandwonder.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Org-mode version 8.2.6. Loaded from MELPA org-2014-04-28.
>
> The nice github flavored markdown package is in there ox-gfm.el.
>
> My goal is to use it to do a Markdown export of an org document
> instead of the vanilla exporter.
>
> In an attempt to do so, I ran at startup:
>
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;
> (require 'ox-gfm)
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
> And did an org dispatch export for Markdown.
>
> Wondering if this is the correct approach?
>
> I don't have any expectations for how the file is generated; I just
> want to know that I am loading and using it correctly.

If, after loading ox-gfm, this:

C-c C-e g G

pops up a buffer, then you are on the right track. If the export menu has no

[g] Export to Github Flavored Markdown

choices, then something is amiss.

C- C-e m <char> is the wrong path.

HTH,