On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 8:23 AM, Russell Adams wrote: > Given the unique user base of Org, I wanted to ask a question. > > Has anyone seen any modern development libraries for TUI (console / > character cell) applications? Ncurses the library is > not an answer as you have to start from scratch. There are thousands of > web frameworks, and yet console is infinitely > simpler than a LAMP stack, but there are no prepackaged libraries for > working with it (ie: forms, widgets, etc). > > I frequently find myself in the position to need a small custom database > application for this or that (contacts, > invoicing, recipes!). Python (or similar) + SQLite seems like a no > brainer, except I don't want webapps or a giant GUI > program like libreoffice Base. I'd use something that was text forms based > like an old dBase product. > > I've looked at Emacs forms, but they appear to be only for editing CSV > data. > > Any ideas? > > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/widget.html