* How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-07-12  0:14 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-07-12  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

The ability to use graphviz in an org document is stellar and makes it
so much more productive to use org.

Combined with inline image display, it is a powerhouse combo.

After evaluating my source block, I would like to refresh the generated image.

Thus far, I just call org-display-inline-image.

What is the best way to automate it so that the images are always up to date?

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

* Re: How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-07-12  0:28 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2014-07-12  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Try (org-redisplay-inline-images). Note "re".

#+BEGIN_SRC <lang> :post (org-redisplay-inline-images)
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:

  -k.

@ 2014-07-12 15:23   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-07-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Perfect!

@ 2014-07-14 15:26   ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2014-07-14 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Grant Rettke

On 2014-07-11 20:28, Ken Mankoff wrote:
> Try (org-redisplay-inline-images). Note "re".
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC <lang> :post (org-redisplay-inline-images)
> #+END_SRC
> #+RESULTS:

I believe it is on WORG somewhere:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
(lambda () (org-display-inline-images nil t)))
#+END_SRC

rick

* Re: How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-07-14 22:10     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2014-07-14 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Frankel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Ken Mankoff, Grant Rettke

That is a nice tip!
--
-----------------------------------
John Kitchin

* Re: How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-07-28 15:11     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-07-28 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Rick Frankel wrote:
> (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
> (lambda () (org-display-inline-images nil t)))

I simply had:

    (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
              'org-display-inline-images)

Anyway, for me, this should clearly be made a *default*, nope?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-07-28 15:19       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-28 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Sébastien,

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Rick Frankel wrote:
>> (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
>> (lambda () (org-display-inline-images nil t)))
>
> I simply had:
>
>     (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
>               'org-display-inline-images)
>
> Anyway, for me, this should clearly be made a *default*, nope?

I don't think so, displaying inline images can be perceived as
intrusive, it's good as an option.

--
 Bastien

* Re: How to call org-display-inline-images so that after a graphviz block is evaluated the image is refreshed?
@ 2014-08-04 14:18         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-08-04 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Bastien,

Still far from keeping up with missed postings, because of holiday
time... ;-)

Bastien wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>> Rick Frankel wrote:
>>> (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
>>> (lambda () (org-display-inline-images nil t)))
>>
>> I simply had:
>>
>>     (add-hook 'org-babel-after-execute-hook
>>               'org-display-inline-images)
>>
>> Anyway, for me, this should clearly be made a *default*, nope?
>
> I don't think so, displaying inline images can be perceived as
> intrusive, it's good as an option.

I (can) share your POV regarding having inline images on by default.

But, re-displaying the inline images should still be a default, IMO,
when these are enabled?

Best regards,
  Seb

--