* [babel] How to make source blocks immutable whil editing org files in Org mode in Emacs
@ 2014-03-24 23:01 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-03-24 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Context:

Just logged about 60 hours doing a literate programming project with
Org and elisp. Calling org-edit-special to break out into my customized
editing
environment has worked quite well. There, Smartparens (strict mode) or
Paredit keep parentheses
balanced. Sometimes I get lazy though and want to make a change to the
source
block and invariable screw up the parentheses and break my system.

Desire:

I would like to set a flag that disallows any editing of source blocks
whilst in org mode.
Obviously one could still see the code, just not modify it. Sure,
discipline would also be an
options but most bad edits seem like easy ones, but if it were easy you
wouldn't make it in the
first place.

Research:

Read http://orgmode.org/guide/Working-With-Source-Code.html and didn't find
that kind of feature.
Googled and didn't find a fix.

Question:

How have you folks dealt with this? Is there a solution out there? Would
you like such a thing?

Grant Rettke | ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates