* An Org centric research lab: Goodbye MS word, excel, and powerpoint
@ 2014-07-09  0:24 Doyley, Marvin M.
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Doyley, Marvin M. @ 2014-07-09  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear All,

Here is a link to a manuscript my research group produced completely with org
http://medicalimaging.spiedigitallibrary.org/issue.aspx.

For the last 6 years, I have used org mainly for teaching (beamer),
productivity, outlining ideas, and note taking. Inspired by John
Kitchin's 2013 Scipy talk, I tried to encourage members of my research
group to use Org. Since the gentle approach didn't work, I made it
mandatory requirement that all junior members must generate
manuscripts in org, and now I am seeing the fruits of this decision--- we are now a org-centric  research group :)

I would like to thank  Carsten and all the other contributors for creating such
an awesome research tool.

Cheers,