Hi Org, Attached is a patch that adds a customization variable, org-cycle-local-skip-subtree, which, when set to t (nil by default) will cause the SUBTREE state to be skipped when using org-cycle locally. All behaviour remains the same by default. I find the SUBTREE state such an unpleasant experience when using org-cycle locally to the extent that I find it better when it is disabled completely. I hope that others might find it useful and I hope to get it merged into Org so that I don't have to maintain a fork of org.el. The change passes the test suite. No tests were added. Cheers, Matthew Palermo