* Is it possible to have a code fragment in a bulleted list?
@ 2012-01-09  1:07 Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2012-01-09  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello fellow org-mode users,

Quick question. Is it possible to have a code fragment in a bulleted
list? For example, I would like to do

- This is interesting
  - Level 2 for loop
#+begin_src R
for (i in 1:10) {
}
#+end_src
  - This should also be on level 2

When I render this as HTML, the sentences "Level 2 for loop" and "This
should also be on level 2" to be at the same depth, with the source
code block in the middle. How do I do this?

Thanks and sorry for the relatively simple question.

Stephen;

* Re: Is it possible to have a code fragment in a bulleted list?
@ 2012-01-09  7:13 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-01-09  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen J. Barr; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Stephen J. Barr" <stephenjbarr@gmail.com> writes:

> Quick question. Is it possible to have a code fragment in a bulleted
> list? For example, I would like to do
>
> - This is interesting
>   - Level 2 for loop
>
> #+begin_src R
> for (i in 1:10) {
> }
> #+end_src
>
>   - This should also be on level 2
>
> When I render this as HTML, the sentences "Level 2 for loop" and "This
> should also be on level 2" to be at the same depth, with the source
> code block in the middle. How do I do this?

You have to indent your whole code block so that it belongs to the list.
In other words, the "#+begin_src" line has to start at the "L" of "Level
2".

You may want to read the section 2.7 of the manual for more information.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Is it possible to have a code fragment in a bulleted list?
@ 2012-01-10  2:53   ` Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2012-01-10  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it.