I want to use org-mode for data analysis for my results. I also want to do this using small chunks of code blocks for various task. To achieve that. I need to pass dictionaries (20 entries of lists, each of several hundreds variables, each is a list by itself). I wanted to do so by the #+CALL option for example: * test #+NAME:test #+BEGIN_SRC python vars = dict() vars[1] = 1 vars[2] = 2 return vars #+END_SRC * caller #+NAME: caller #+HEADER: :var ins=#+CALL: test() #+BEGIN_SRC python :results output print files #+END_SRC But I get an error: File "", line 1 files=[1:, 1, 2:, 2] ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax Is there a way to pass a dictionary as a variables between blocks then? -- My other email account has a "professional" signature.