* How to stop Org mode from assuming non-Latin characters after "[[link]]" as part of the link?
@ 2012-08-16 16:01 Betty
From: Betty @ 2012-08-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I don't put a space after a URL, Org always assumes that all
characters after the link are part of the link. For example, if I
write
[[http://example.com]]asdf
Org will think the URL is "http://example.com]]asdf" while it should
be "http://example.com".

In English there is usually a space after each word (including links)
anyway, so that might not be a big issue. But what about non-Latin
languages?

For instance, in Chinese, we don't use spaces to delimit words, and I
really don't want to deteriorate the Chinese language by adding extra
spaces just to make the links work properly. The result is, If I put a
URL in and don't add an extra space after it, Org will think all the
(Chinese) characters I enter after the URL is part of the link, until
the end of paragraph where I press RET.

Well, I know that "]" is a valid URL character, which makes things a
bit tricky. But it is very rare that a URL should contain both "]]"
and non-Latin characters immediately following the "]]". It is a safer
bet to assume the URL is just the part before "]]". On the rare
occasions when the URL does contain "]]" followed by non-Latin
characters, I'm willing to take the risk of breaking it.

In sum, I want Org to take only stuff inside the "[[]]" brackets as
the URL, nothing after. Is there a place where I can configure this?

Thank you for reading this and for any help you might provide.

(English is not my native tongue. I hope I have make myself clear.)