* Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-05  9:21 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2014-11-05  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to include the copyright terms for images I include in
org documents and I'm wondering what would be a good way to go about
it. I would like to have a heading gathering all these references in a
list.

I first thought of using footnotes but according to Org documentation
they won't be exported if they are collected in a special heading.
Using standard links would need to have one heading by reference.

Bracket links (like <<link>>) create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair
instead of a \label{} \ref{} pair in the latex file. Should I go with
explicit \label{} \ref{} in the org file ?

Julien.

* Re: Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-05 13:26 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-11-05 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I want to include the copyright terms for images I include in
> org documents and I'm wondering what would be a good way to go about
> it. I would like to have a heading gathering all these references in a
> list.
>
> I first thought of using footnotes but according to Org documentation
> they won't be exported if they are collected in a special heading.

This doesn't sound right. What do you mean?

> Using standard links would need to have one heading by reference.
>
> Bracket links (like <<link>>)

These are called targets.

> create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair instead of a \label{} \ref{}
> pair in the latex file. Should I go with explicit \label{} \ref{} in
> the org file ?

An example would help understanding the issue.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-05 13:57 ` Jacob Gerlach
From: Jacob Gerlach @ 2014-11-05 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles, emacs-orgmode

On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 4:22:06 AM Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr>
wrote:

> Bracket links (like <<link>>) create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair
> instead of a \label{} \ref{} pair in the latex file. Should I go with
> explicit \label{} \ref{} in the org file ?

The \texttt{} is probably because org could not resolve a target from your
link. I can't help much with your problem, but see
C-h v org-latex-link-with-unknown-path-format RET
for an idea of where the \texttt{} comes from.

@ 2014-11-05 14:11   ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-11-05 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Jacob Gerlach wrote:
> On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 4:22:06 AM Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>
>> Bracket links (like <<link>>) create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair
>> instead of a \label{} \ref{} pair in the latex file. Should I go with
>> explicit \label{} \ref{} in the org file ?
>
> The \texttt{} is probably because org could not resolve a target from
> your link. I can't help much with your problem, but see C-h
> v org-latex-link-with-unknown-path-format RET for an idea of where the
> \texttt{} comes from.

FWIW, the value I set in my .emacs file is "\\colorbox{red}{%s}", so
that it stands out in the exported document.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-05 14:38     ` Jacob Gerlach
From: Jacob Gerlach @ 2014-11-05 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: Org-mode

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com>
wrote:

> Jacob Gerlach wrote:
> > On Wed Nov 05 2014 at 4:22:06 AM Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> >
> >> Bracket links (like <<link>>) create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair
> >> instead of a \label{} \ref{} pair in the latex file. Should I go with
> >> explicit \label{} \ref{} in the org file ?
> >
> > The \texttt{} is probably because org could not resolve a target from
> > your link. I can't help much with your problem, but see C-h
> > v org-latex-link-with-unknown-path-format RET for an idea of where the
> > \texttt{} comes from.
>
> FWIW, the value I set in my .emacs file is "\\colorbox{red}{%s}", so
> that it stands out in the exported document.

I take it one step further and use \BADLINK. This causes pdflatex to
complain, so the export fails. No need to then try to catch it in the
exported document.

There was some recent discussion of patching the exporter to report errors
on unresolved links:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-09/msg00880.html

Jake

* Re: Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-06 17:06   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2014-11-06 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> I first thought of using footnotes but according to Org documentation
>> they won't be exported if they are collected in a special heading.
>
> This doesn't sound right. What do you mean?

Consider the following example, org-footnote-section being "Footnotes"
#+STARTUP: nofinline

* Premier heading

+ voici une photo [fn:1]

* Footnotes

+ [fn:1] Crédit photo1

The Beamer export pdf creates a footnote in the first frame, I'd like to
have it as an item in a frame named Footnotes. This section isn't
exported anyway.

>> Bracket links (like <<link>>)
>
> These are called targets.
>
>> create a \texttt{} \hypertarget{} pair instead of a \label{} \ref{}
>> pair in the latex file. Should I go with explicit \label{} \ref{} in
>> the org file ?
>
> An example would help understanding the issue.

* Premier heading

+ voici une photo [[photo1]]

* Références

+ <<photo1>> crédit photo 1

I can't reproduce the \texttt{} I had yesterday. Now I get an
\ref{photo1}/\hypertarget{photo2}{} pair. pdflatex complains about an
undefined reference.

@ 2014-11-06 18:27     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-11-06 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Consider the following example, org-footnote-section being "Footnotes"
> #+STARTUP: nofinline
>
> * Premier heading
>
> + voici une photo [fn:1]
>
> * Footnotes
>
> + [fn:1] Crédit photo1
>
> The Beamer export pdf creates a footnote in the first frame, I'd like to
> have it as an item in a frame named Footnotes. This section isn't
> exported anyway.

Indeed. Anything in footnote section is ignored. All is good here.

> * Premier heading
>
> + voici une photo [[photo1]]
>
> * Références
>
> + <<photo1>> crédit photo 1
>
> I can't reproduce the \texttt{} I had yesterday. Now I get an
> \ref{photo1}/\hypertarget{photo2}{} pair. pdflatex complains about an
> undefined reference.

It should be \ref{photo1}/\label{photo1} in this case. I pushed a fix
for that in maint.

* Re: Best way to include references/license
@ 2014-11-09 20:51       ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2014-11-09 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> It should be \ref{photo1}/\label{photo1} in this case. I pushed a fix
> for that in maint.

Thanks for the fix.

Julien.