I played around with it for a little bit and now the export is working fine. I'm not sure exactly what I changed, but it's working as intended now. Thanks, Will On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Leonard Randall < leonard.a.randall@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Will, > > The example works fine for me. It seems like the most likely cause of your > issue is your export settings. One thing that you might try is to add this > to the top of your file. > > #+Options: *:t > > If you already have an options section on your file you may want to check > that you do not have *:nil anywhere in this line. If you do change it to > `*:t as in the example above. You might also want to check that you have > not set `org-export-with-emphasis' to nil anywhere in your init file. > > More info on configuring export settings can be found here: > http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-settings.html > > Hope this helps! > > All best, > Leonard > > > On 28 April 2014 15:17, William Kunkel wrote: > >> I have a title in which I need to have some text in italics. I tried this: >> >> #+TITLE: Analysis of Sartre's /No Exit/ >> >> But the slashes were just exported literally, instead of italicizing. >> This seemed like a pretty basic problem, but I've been unable to find >> anything about it via Google or in the list archives. Is there a simple >> solution? >> >> Thanks, >> Will >> > >