* How to disable block evaluation results being wrapped with a single character like =?
@ 2014-08-03 19:03 Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-08-03 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

Sometimes block evaluation results are wrapped with a single character like =.

When exporting to latex, the results block is lost.

How may one force block evaluation always to be wrapped properly for
export to latex?

org 8.2.7a

Kind regards,

Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

* Re: How to disable block evaluation results being wrapped with a single character like =?
@ 2014-08-04  0:24 ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2014-08-04  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I'm somewhat confused by the "wrapped in =" part, but I think you are
looking for 'C-h v org-babel-min-lines-for-block-output'.

Best,
Ista

@ 2014-08-04 17:23   ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-08-04 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ista Zahn; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

That is what I was thinking.

I had set it to 0.

What happened is that instead of a block showing up, the results were
delimited with a prepended '=' instead of a ':'.

Unfortunately I forgot how this occurred, as I manually wrapped the
result with a block instead, so org was happy to use that instead.

@ 2014-08-04 17:36     ` Ista Zahn
From: Ista Zahn @ 2014-08-04 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Rettke; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Grant,

I cannot reproduce. Here is what I see:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (setq  org-babel-min-lines-for-block-output 10)
  (print 1)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: 1

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (setq  org-babel-min-lines-for-block-output 0)
  (print 1)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
#+begin_example
1
#+end_example

Perhaps try with emacs -q and see what you get.

Best,
Ista