From: George Mauer <gmauer@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: “Literate” python?
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 13:30:21 -0600	[thread overview]

I've used noweb references to actually assemble what will be tangled all at
once. See how I did it here
<https://github.com/togakangaroo/daily-programmer/tree/master/sliding-puzzle>
.

The reason why the "incorrect" block is outdented is that tangle
automatically tries to guess indentation level. (Take that as a handwavy
thing - I don't know exactly how it does that nor how configurable it is)
The solution I've found is noweb - basically you *wouldn't* tangle any of
those blocks, but would create another non-evaluated or exportable block
that has noweb references to the above blocks and how you want them
arranged. *This* is the block you tangle.

I haven't yet figured out how, but it should be possible to automatically
configure things to run autopep8 after tangling - that would take care of
indentation issues.

Also I'm pretty sure there's no :weave header arg...at least I haven't seen
it used and can't find it documented anywhere.