Also worth mentioning that revert-buffer is your go to "kill buffer and reopen" command On Wed, Sep 7, 2022, 08:51 Christian Moe wrote: > > Hi, > > Org scans the file for link definitions when you visit it, so when you > type in the link definition in the buffer, Org is not automatically > aware that it exists. To refresh setup without reloading the file, you > can `C-c C-c' with point on the line with the definition. That should do > it. > > Also, if you don't particularly need or like the behavior of querying > for creating a new headline when none is found, you can turn it off by > customizing org-link-search-must-match-exact-headline to nil (the default > is > 'query-to-create). > > Yours, > Christian > > Perry Smith writes: > > > I'm new to Org mode. I found this page > > https://orgmode.org/manual/Link-Abbreviations.html about Link > > Abbreviations but I wanted to report my confusion. > > > > I added: > > > > #+LINK: rails https://rubyonrails.org > > > > to my org file and then I wrote [[rails][Rails]] and when I clicked > > the text, it asked me if I wanted to create a section. I had to kill > > the buffer and reload it to get it to work. That's fine but I'm > > wondering if there is a way to make it active without killing the > > buffer. And I also wanted to suggest adding something about that in > > the manual. > > > > Perhaps this is a common fact with many of Org modes features that I > > missed somewhere? > > > > Thank you for your time, > > Perry > >