The feature of remove/add cell is quite important. Should be a feature request. Another important feature request is to split cells. Example (copying and paste the example above) Example: I have the following table: | 1 | 1 | | 2 | two words| | 3 | 4 | | 4 | | Now I want to split cell @2$2 and thus move the second part to the following cell below in column 2 down one step. After: | 1 | 1 | | 2 | two| | | words| | 3 | 4 | | 4 | | I do it several times when I put much comments on an entry and the column becomes much wider. It is several commands (sometimes with rectangles, sometimes not depending on the remaining of the table) . Is there an easy way to do this? Daniel Is there a s 2011/10/1 suvayu ali > 2011/9/30 Michael Brand : > > Ehm - it is doable, but not by editing commands from Org table. Only > > with several rectangular edits or an Org table formula with a few > > tricks and a temporary column to be removed afterward. > > There are some org-table specific rectangle edit commands that should > make it easier. Cut the cells with org-table-cut-region, and paste by > org-table-paste-rectangle. > > Hope this helps. > > -- > Suvayu > > Open source is the future. It sets us free. > >