* New version of VimOrganizer, an Org-mode clone in Vim
@ 2011-11-03  0:31 Herbert Sitz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-11-03  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just formally pushed up a new version of VimOrganizer, an Org clone in Vim.

This version is much closer to being a true alternative to using Org-mode in
Emacs.  I say alternative to "using Org-mode in Emacs", because VimOrganizer in
large part operate as a front end to Org-mode by making calls to a running Emacs
server.  All of the export functionality is done this way, as is access to stuff
like Org-babel, spreadsheet evaluation, live blocks like clocktables, column
blocks, etc.

I'd be glad to hear any feedback, comments, suggestions. . .

An intro to some of the stuff in the new version is here:
https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer/blob/master/intro.txt

Git page is here:
https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer

And the page on Vim's website is here:

I will try to get some videos of the new functionality in next day or two.  One
main thing I'm happy about is I extended my patch of Vim to allow separate
highlighting of TODO items on folded headings.  Previously my patch enabled
level-dependent fold highlighting, but always showed TODOs in same color as the
folded heading.  Much nicer to have everything collapsed and still have the
TODOs pop out at you.

Thanks to everybody on here who's provided help for my (sometimes silly)
questions about Org-mode and how it works.  I'm starting to really appreciate
elisp, so who knows what the future holds. . .

Regards,

Herb