Hello Timothy, I love what you and Karthink have done here! Typesetting is so much faster now! And the little nuggets like error reporting and intelligent sizing & coloring is so going to boost my org QoL. Thank you so much for your work! I've been trying this on and off for a few days now, and it works really well, except for one thing. I'm using XeLaTeX, and whenever I typeset a LaTeX fragment containing a letter that sticks below the baseline (g, j, y, etc), the fragment is typeset too small, almost like subscripts. It reproduces when this is the only setting I have: (use-package org :ensure nil :custom (org-latex-compiler "xelatex") ;; drop this line and the issue goes away ) Minimal 1-line org file to trigger the bug: abc $d$ $y$ -- the y is typeset too small compared to abc. The d is just the right size. You mention in a separate email that XeLaTeX is known to cause hassles, but is this one of them? I could migrate to PDFLaTeX, but I'd lose the convenience of editing with unicode-math. On Sun, Mar 12, 2023 at 9:35 PM Timothy wrote: > Hi All, > > After months of work, Karthink and I have prepared a rather large patch-set > completely overhauling the LaTeX preview system. I hope to have a patch set > shortly, but in the mean time it would be good to get some more people > testing > this. > > To test this feature, please check out the `dev' branch of > (it’s the default branch). > There are > also some other changes there currently, but I don’t think anything is > broken. > > You can view the almost-ready path set/diff here: > , see the > ORG-NEWS and org-manual entries to get a bit more of an idea of what’s > changed. > The short version is that now: > • Previews are generated in bulk, and hundreds of LaTeX fragments can be > processed per second. > • Images are placed continuously as they are generated. > • Preview generation is asynchronous and will not block Emacs. > • Inline previews are aligned and scaled to match the font baseline and > size. > • Previews scale along with text when the text scale is changed. > • Previews are coloured to match surrounding text and the active theme. > • SVG previews automatically change colors when the active theme changes. > • Error encountered when compiling LaTeX fragments can be accessed by > mousing over preview images. > • Preview overlays can hide and show themselves dynamically based on > cursor position. > • Org mode can auto-generate LaTeX previews as you type or edit the text > of existing ones. > • Org mode can keep equation numbering consistent by regenerating previews > as needed. > > If you do come across any issues, please let me know either in a reply > here or > the org-mode matrix room. If you could also run > and > share the > diagnostic info, that would be quite helpful. > > Lastly, Karthink has prepared a video giving an overview of the new > capabilities, you can give it a watch here: > > > All the best, > Timothy > > -- > Timothy (‘tecosaur’/‘TEC’), Org mode contributor. > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at . > -- Jun Inoue