Hi, Thought it would be handy to be able to do this: #+STARTUP: truncate and #+STARTUP: notruncate Modifying org-startup-options manually wouldn't work as it describes how to change a value of a variable or push onto a list, but no syntax for function calls and for this to work toggle-truncate-lines is to be envoked. I know about org-startup-truncated, but it's not file-by-file precision. PS if this turns out to be hairy, I can use .dir-locals.el, but the feature would still be a nice-to-have. Regards, Dmitrii