Thanks for this! I've seen your comments on the time cookie thread. But I will pull the org-clock-display comments here. So, I have your changes locally, and I have a few comments. A folded node looks like this: * Node........................................ 02:10 ... I was wondering if the "........................................" bit can be hidden. Is there a font face to customise for this? I find it distracting, especially with a big list of folded nodes. The only problem then is: how do I match the times up with the nodes. I guess this is the problem I was trying to solve with the clock cookies. One option would be to highlight the time with a new face when the point is on a node. Not sure about this though. If the above is possible, then would it be possible to move that "..." (after the clock total) to the left-hand side, so that it looks like this: * Node... 02:10 i.e. What it normally looks like. Only with a "02:10" on the right hand side. The only other thing I'd want to change is the alignment of the times. So right now, we have: 2d 18:10 7:30 11:32 (For instance.) It would be great if these could be aligned so that: - The ":" ran down the middle (single column) - The hours were zero padded, so it was "07" and not "7" - There was some padding for days i.e. If there are no days, you add the space necessary so that the clock time aligns with other nodes that have days. Not sure how to calculate this. Perhaps it's possible to calculate the max clock value before display, and pad everything to the width of that. One radical alternative to all of the above: Remove the "..................." stuff. Don't align the times. Just stick them right after the node text, like a cookie. As I say: I am more than happy to actually work on the patches necessary to make these changes On 17 April 2014 10:22, Bastien wrote: > Hi Noah, > > Noah Slater writes: > > > Note: > > > > - Times are indented like the nodes, meaning they don't line up. (I > > presume this is intentional, but I find it annoying. Is there a way > > to turn it off?) > > Fixed. > > > - Everything is highlighted with yellow. Is this intentional? Can I > > turn it off? > > M-x customize-face RET org-clock-display RET > > I changed from yellow to gray. > > > - Why are some of the times blue and some white. Can I turn this off? > > Because the face inherited from the headline face. > I changed it by specified a foreground. > > > - Why are some of the "..." bits visible (in blue) and invisible (in > > white for the subnodes) and can I turn these off, or hide them > > consistently? > > > > - Would there be any way to move the black "..." bit meaning "this > > node can be expanded" to the very left, where it usually is, and then > > hide the rest? > > The "..." folding indicator is always on the right, not sure what you > mean. > > > - Why can't I edit node names when this is active? > > Because the display is temporary and uses overlays. > > -- > Bastien >