Thanks for the reply Eric. The thing I like about the newlines is that the generated tex files are slightly easier to read. However, this is really minor. I've created 2 separate patches: one keeping the newlines and the other without. I'm happy to defer to you or anyone else in regard to which is preferable. On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Fraga, Eric wrote: > On Thursday, 5 Dec 2019 at 11:03, Matt Huszagh wrote: > > Is anyone else interested in this modification? Should I submit it as a > > patch? > > I think so. And I am not sure all those \n's are necessary. Without > them, you can probably also remove many of the %s. > -- > Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-544-gd215c3 >