You may need to customize the org-hide face. See the section "Hiding Leading Stars" at http://orgmode.org/manual/Clean-view.html Josiah On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Chris Henderson wrote: > I'm trying to setup Org indent mode for cleaner view but the preceding > starts show up dimmed in grey color. How do I make them totally invisible? > > I've put this at the top of the .emacs: > > (setq org-startup-indented t) > (setq org-indent-mode t) > > and running emacs version 24.3.1 and org version 8.2.5 from the > command-line. > >