Ok. I would really like attachments to be integrated with refiling though even if it was a non-default option. Another feature that could improve the use of attachments is to allow links to the attached folders also via the C-c C-l interface in a similar way as stored links (C-c l ). I.E to get the attachment-folder as an item in the C-c C-l buffer with TAB-completion. regards G 2011/7/16 Darlan Cavalcante Moreira > > I use org-attach regularly and consider it to be a great feature of > org-mode. Since I only attach to the sub-tree (instead of to a different > file) I have not this problem. However, sometimes a set the attach > directory of two different headings to the same folder (when it makes > sense) and if org always moved the attached files it would break the other > sub-tree. > > An alternative is to change the attach directory in the archived entry to > point to the original attach directory where the files are. When archiving > to a file in a different folder org could ask if it should also move the > attached files or simply change the attach directory accordingly (I would > prefer this as the default if "ask" as the default was considered too > annoying). > > -- > Darlan > > At Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:55:06 +0200, > Gustav Wikström wrote: > > > > [1 ] > > Hello Bastien! > > > > To clarify a bit. Lets say I have a file c:\temp\agenda.org (I'm calling > it > > file 'a'). > > > > When marked with TODO item: done, headings in this file are archived to > > another file called c:\temp\archive\agenda.org_archive ('b') > > > > If i use C-c C-a to attach a file to a certain topic in 'a' and then > refile > > this topic to 'b', when done the attachment still resides in c:\temp\data > > and will not be found when looking at the attachment in 'b'. > > > > Thus my question is if it is possible to also refile the attachment so > the > > attachment-folder resides in c:\temp\archive\data and is avaliable in > 'b'? > > > > /Gustav > > > > 2011/7/15 Bastien > > > > > Hi Gustav, > > > > > > Gustav Wikström writes: > > > > > > > Is it possible to make attachment-folders move with the headings when > > > > refiling them to other locations? > > > > > > I'm not sure what you mean. > > > > > > Can you give an example? > > > > > > -- > > > Bastien > > > > > [2 ] > > >