Hi, and thanks for the extensive comments! I've fixed the issues raised (IMO), and new patches are attached. I've added a patch for documentation also. >> ,---- >> | #+TAGS: { group : include1 include2 } >> `---- >> >> will only allow one of the tags on any specific headline. [ ] solves >> this. Note that grouptags doesn't care if { } or [ ] is used. The only >> difference is the exclusiveness. I.e both >> >> ,---- >> | #+TAGS: [ group : include1 include2 ] >> | #+TAGS: { group : include1 include2 } >> `---- >> >> will work. With some limitations on the second example due to the way { >> } works since before. > > OK, but is it really needed? What is the point of having two tags of the > same group (or, if we consider nested group tags, the same set of > siblings) at the same time? I'd say it's an unnecessary limitation if group tags have to be exclusive on a headline. The more general case should be allowed and I can see use-cases for it. If you, for example, want to create a taxonomy of your tags and a part of your taxonomy is this: #+TAGS: [ CS : DB OS Software Versioning Programming BI ] What reason is there for Org mode to limit me to only choosing one of the above? Lets say I find an article on the web and want to create a node in my org-mode repository about it. Maybe linking the article and adding a few thoughts. The fictive article may be called "the importance of good database-design in Business intelligence". It seems two tags of the above would fit just fine; DB & BI. Best regards Gustav