Hi! Have you tried to use S-M-left and S-M-right? I't doesn't work with regions but it works for a heading and all its subheadings at the same time. /Gustav On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 4:40 AM, James Harkins wrote: > Is there a reason why M-left and M-right (promote/demote tree headings) > deactivate the selected region? > > That is, if I use C-space and move the point to select a number of > headings, and I want to demote them by three levels, currently after > hitting M-right, the region goes away -- so I actually have to do > > C-space (move the point) M-right > C-space (move the point) M-right > C-space (move the point) M-right > > But I would like to be able to do > > C-space (move the point) M-right M-right M-right > > Is this possible? > > I know that if there is no freestanding text underneath the headings, I > could use C-x r t to add more *'s, but that breaks in a region where one or > more lines are not headings. > > I tried (on a whim) C-u 3 M-right, but the universal argument is ignored > here. > > Thanks, > James > > > -- > James Harkins /// dewdrop world > jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net > http://www.dewdrop-world.net > > "Come said the Muse, > Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted, > Sing me the universal." -- Whitman > > blog: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/words > audio clips: http://www.dewdrop-world.net/audio > more audio: http://soundcloud.com/dewdrop_world/tracks > >