* Versioning and releases
@ 2013-03-23 13:36 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2013-03-23 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi!

The information of the current release of Org, and the link to the code is
not correct on the page orgmode.org.

As of this writing, the current version on orgmode.org says 7.9.4, but
looking at the link of the zip-archive, it will download version 7.9.3f.
And the release-notes doesn't mention a version 7.9.4.

On the same note. Looking in the README in the ZIP downloaded (7.9.3f that
is), the document states that the version is 7.9.1.

To me this seems like a lot of unnecessary confusion about what is the
current state of the software, and about which version I'm really
downloading.

Please have a look at the "number fragmentation", make sure the links are
correct, and that the version history (http://orgmode.org/Changes.html) of
the releases are updated to a current status.

Kind regards
Gustav

* Re: Versioning and releases
@ 2013-03-25  5:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-25  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gustav Wikström; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Gustav,

Gustav Wikström <gustav.erik@gmail.com> writes:

> As of this writing, the current version on orgmode.org says 7.9.4,
> but looking at the link of the zip-archive, it will download version
> 7.9.3f.

Fixed, thanks.

> And the release-notes doesn't mention a version 7.9.4.

Fixed too.

> On the same note. Looking in the README in the ZIP downloaded (7.9.3f
> that is), the document states that the version is 7.9.1.

Deleted, thanks.

> To me this seems like a lot of unnecessary confusion about what is
> the current state of the software, and about which version I'm really
> downloading.
>
> Please have a look at the "number fragmentation", make sure the links
> are correct, and that the version history (http://orgmode.org/
> Changes.html) of the releases are updated to a current status.

Thanks for raising this, best,

--
 Bastien