What about being able to link to attachments in a similar way as one links to files or web-pages? Using [[attachment:some_file.sql][some link name]] ? Comments? Problems with this? 2011/7/25 Gustav Wikström > To make org-mode look for attachments in the current sub-tree when using > org-insert-link would simplify the process of "linking" to attached files > (useful at least when exporting). Persistent links, in in this regard, seems > like a nice idea! > > /Gustav > > 2011/7/24 Bastien > >> Hi Gustav, >> >> Gustav Wikström writes: >> >> > Another feature that could improve the use of attachments is to allow >> > links to the attached folders also via the C-c C-l interface in a >> > similar way as stored links (C-c l ). I.E to get the attachment-folder >> > as an item in the C-c C-l buffer with TAB-completion. >> >> You can already use (setq org-attach-store-link-p t) to create a link >> while attaching a file. >> >> Since links are deleted as soon as they are inserted, this will be >> usable only once. We can imagine *persistent links* -- and links to >> attached files could be a good example of persistent links. >> >> What do you think? >> >> -- >> Bastien >> > >