The following might be of interest: *** Vertical Split window Splits screen vertically if the width of the window is large enough. Inspired by the following post: - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2081577/setting-emacs-split-to-horizontal #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes (setq split-height-threshold nil) (setq split-width-threshold 160) #+end_src Regards Gustav On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Johan Ekh wrote: > Hi all, > when I use "C-c a a" to create an agenda, my emacs window is split > horizontally and the agenda is shown in the lower > window. I'd rather have my emacs window splitted vertically and the agenda > shown in the right window. How can I do this? > > Best regards, > Johan >