To make org-mode look for attachments in the current sub-tree when using org-insert-link would simplify the process of "linking" to attached files (useful at least when exporting). Persistent links, in in this regard, seems like a nice idea! /Gustav 2011/7/24 Bastien > Hi Gustav, > > Gustav Wikström writes: > > > Another feature that could improve the use of attachments is to allow > > links to the attached folders also via the C-c C-l interface in a > > similar way as stored links (C-c l ). I.E to get the attachment-folder > > as an item in the C-c C-l buffer with TAB-completion. > > You can already use (setq org-attach-store-link-p t) to create a link > while attaching a file. > > Since links are deleted as soon as they are inserted, this will be > usable only once. We can imagine *persistent links* -- and links to > attached files could be a good example of persistent links. > > What do you think? > > -- > Bastien >