On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Charles Berry wrote: > John Hendy gmail.com> writes: > >> >> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Charles Berry ucsd.edu> wrote: >> > John Hendy gmail.com> writes: >> > >> >> >> >> An interesting update on this. Aside from some image and code block >> > [snip - how John turn org to Rmd to md] > [snip] >> I often get something squarish, which makes the map look really >> compressed (see attached). Thus, I seem to need both this (name, >> header) >> > > This is a problem that results from rendering in a square rather than > something proportional to what Mercator used: 202cm x 124cm, I think. > > slidify wants to have png files for images, so I think you are stuck > having to set up the size of the device as well as the displayed size > to get nice looking results. Indeed. I've had to deal with that when exporting to html. Was just curious if there was a more elegant way, and it seems there's not, but I suppose it's just adjusting syntax from #+attr_latex stuff to the knitr equivalents, which isn't bad to know anyway since I've been working more with RStudio. [snip] >> I would love to avoid the above if you have more clarification on "just > work" :) > > I wasn't thinking about the case you just demonstrated. I have to use > a line that gives out.width, out.height, fig.width, and fig.height, which > slidify ('knitr' under the hood) uses to render the png and the page as you > did to make something that looks like the Mercator map and still have > the text look OK. See http://yihui.name/knitr/options if the options > listed are not familiar. (knitr chunk options can be put in #+ATTR_RAVEL: > lines for ravel exports to use them.) Thanks for the reference. > > [more deleted] > >> >> One other question while we're at it... I noticed that >> #+begin/end_center produces this in the output .md file: >> >>