On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Daniel Bausch wrote: > Hello! > > > On a usage note, I was surprised that the patch causes automatic > insertion > > of top and bottom rules even when the org table doesn't use ascii > > top/bottom rules. In fact, if you use "|-" to put ascii rules on an org > > chart using this patch, you get double rules. > > Disclaimer: I did not test this at all, but am interested in a convenient > booktabs support, too. > > I think it is reasonable to put the top and bottom rules automatically, as > booktabs somewhat defines that as the intended look. So it would be > redundant > to require a |- on top and bottom for all tables on the org side. I even > think that org tables with top and bottom rules do not look good, because > the > vertical lines do not stop at the horizontal lines (from a visual point of > view). This way it looks like is a very small empty table line above and > below the table. > > I can see that point. I guess I was just surprised given the org-mode default. Perhaps it is just a preference with the look. I don't mind having them "closed in" by ascii rules. In any case, what probably *shouldn't* happen are double rules if someone by habit puts rules on their org table with |-. That's the current behavior. Best regards, John > Daniel > >