Greetings, Per some other discussions on the mentioned variable, I added a bit more information to org.texi to help other users find it's documentation in the manual. Old description: This variable is especially useful for tangling languages such as Python, in which whitespace indentation in the output is critical. New description: By default, the value is nil, which means that whitespace characters will be collapsed upon exporting/tangling, according to the value of org-edit-src-content-indentation. If set to t, code blocks will be exported/tangled with whitespace preserved, exactly as they appear in the org buffer. This variable is especially useful for tangling languages such as Python, in which whitespace indentation in the output is critical. Let me know if I should change anything; happy to adjust to a better explanation and re-create a patch. Best regards, John